Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Throwing Up = No Fun
It is 3:15 in the morning and I am writing because...ewll I am up. Why do you ask would I be up at this hour? Well let me tell you. I woke up at 1:30 to screaming. I get up because I can tell this is not the go back to bed on your own type of cry. I enter the hallway and a smell creeps up my nose. I continue and the smell intensifies. I enter the room and screaming for me is a little baby covered in vomit. Both blankets are covered, the sheet is covered, she is covered and yes, the bumper pad is covered. I pick her up, trying not to vomit myself because of the smell, reassure her that everything is gogin to be ok because her mommy was there while tryign to rip the sheets off the bed. I tried to get her to brush her teeth. I am my mom. i put a load of laundry on, wouldn't you, and changed my clothes for the first time. I put her bed with us hoping that this would end. No luck. Bleh. My rip off my shirt to catch it and try to spare my bed. No good. Some got on it. Once again the reassuring and changing of clothes for both of us taking the grand total to two times. At this point I feel like it is shower time because I feel gross. I put a towel on the vomit in bed so that Chris would not roll in it as he slept. something else to wash. After the shower i turn on the computer to email sub plans to my team. Did you know how hard it is to come up with sub plans this early? I went online and reported my absence ad what do I hear but bleh. All on the blanket I just washed. Another load. I forgot to mention that she threw up on elephant in my bed and threw up again on the ottoman while she was askign for Cinderella. At least the last throw up smelled liked the pedialyte popsickle. A load of laundry just kicked off and I am going to put in another load. She has just fallen back asleep and I hope to be joining her. If I do not answer the phone today it is because I am asleep so call Chris if you want to check in. Who knew i would ever be leaving messages on a blog. At least your up-to-date on our daily lifes. P.S. If anything is misspelled or makes absolutely no sense, blame it on the sequence of events and the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww... I'm sorry you guys had a rough night. I hope you both rest today and she's feeling better soon.
Bless both your hearts! These are the times that try Mom's souls. Old timer's remedy (actually came fro a pediatrician) a spoonful of juice from canned pears.
You might try it if you (or Chris) get "lucky" and catch this thing.
I will warn you that one of the flus this year is starting with the abdominal befor you get the respiratory symptoms. Hopfully not your problem.
I hope everyone is better today.
Mimi
Post a Comment