Monday, February 18, 2008

Goga and Nene come to Visit

My mom (Goga- Neely Kate named her that) and nene (my grandmother) came in town this weekend to visit with Neely Kate. They came to see all of us but I think they really just wanted to get their hands on Neely Kate. I don't blame them because she is a doll. She was a perfect little angel the entire weekend. She must have known that nene thinks all children "must be seen and not heard." Although for Neely Kate, Nene says she can do whatever she wants. The rules break with each generation although I was never allowed to play on her bed or mess with her pillow and Neely Kate just looks so sweet when she does it that nothing happens but huge smiles. She needs to teach me her tricks.

.........................Nene and Neely Kate watch Cinderella...........................

Nene and Neely Kate's favorite thing to do together was watch Cinderella. They must have watched it a dozen times. I am just glad someone else had to watch it besides me.

Nene was supposed to relax but I kept her busy, within reason. She and mother helped me pick out paint colors for the kitchen and she rearranged, with mom's help, my family room. They added a large space by simply rearranging the furniture. I come from a line of tremendous women, from my 96 year old great grandmother, to my grandmothers, to my mom. They are extremely talented women. The list of things they are able to do and things they are asked to do is amazing. Catering, directing, hosting, sewing, designing, decorating, volunteering, cooking, leading, the list goes on forever. I have a lot to learn from them and HUGE shoes to fill. The hardest part is going to try to be like them and teach my daughter everything they have taught, and are continuing to teach me. Chris has always said that he never worries about me because he knows from where I come from and fears nothing. He is glad I inherited their skills and talents. I just hope I can be a role model to Neely Kate as the women in my family have been for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you all had a great time and hope you have many more.