Monday, February 11, 2008

Gone to the Birds



Chris was under the weather, again, on Sunday. He had the throw-up crud. Neely Kate and I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous day and go on a picnic. We went to the park down the street. After lunch, we went to feed the ducks. The ducks were chased away by the birds, so... we fed the birds. Several of them flew right by her head. Neely Kate was more interested in eating the bread than sharing it with birds. Not to mention she struggled to get it into the water. We had so much fun feeding the birds and walking the small lake that she took over a 2 and a half hour nap! What a big afternoon.


"What's that?" I want to eat the bread.

After her nap I let her go outside to paint. Normally she does it at the table but I thought it would be fun to change the creative environment. She wanted to run and paint items not on her easel. I think Chris needs to remove the dog mess so she can run freely. You are looking at the next Georgia O'Keefe.
Here is a 4 second video. I tried to capture my little artist at work but the digital camera will not record long and I didn't want to leave her unattended with paint and free range while I ran for the video camera.



1 comment:

Mimi said...

I really enjoy your blog, and check for new entried every day.

Neely Kates picture is very interesting and attractive. So is the artist.

I love her expression when she is feeding the birds. (Not)

Mimi