Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Monkey Business

I think I have discovered why scientists compare humans to monkeys. It is not for the reasons you would think of, but because toddlers love to climb around and jump. Neely Kate has never been a lazy baby or one to just lay around, I do not know where she gets that from :). She is always on the move and now that she can climb on anything, and I mean anything, it has gotten more of a challenge to keep her safe. I see my little monkey climb up the chair and leap to the couch. Scary when the coffee table is marble and close to the couch. I am glad we rearranged the floorplan. The leaping has ceased but the climbing is still an issue. Nothing is out of her range. Cushions, she throws on the floor. Does she use these as a height advantage? No! She loves to climb up to the table or to the bathroom counter and then proceed to play with whatever she can get her hands on. She opens the bathroom drawer and pulls out the box of bandaids and throws them all on the floor. She loves to pull toilet paper into small pieces and throw them in the toilet. You can follow her path of destruction. Jumping, she loves to do. She could jump for hours on a trampoline. I think part of it has to do with StrollerFit because she can jump, lunge, squat and squeeze, and not to mention stretch. She hates it when things get stuck to her feet. It cracks me up the way she turns her foot up to her face to remove the undesired item. she will not stop until it is removed. Neely Kate equals monkey business today.

No comments: