Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Don't Know My Opinion

So, I do not know what to think really. Neely Kate and I went to Kroger tonight to get some items for the baby shower I am helping to host this weekend and items for us. My list was long and I knew that she would be a little difficult. Lately, she has hated riding in the buggy. It limits her independence you know. :) To add to the coming trouble, she was asleep when I went to pick her up from Ms. Rose's and remained that way until I got her out of her carseat in the parking lot. She cried for the first 5 minutes and I did not give in. I pulled her out for 3 aisles. I got lucky because she saw a Cinderella coloring book. I told her she would have to sit in the seat if she wanted to look at it. We were great until the last 5 minutes. The fussiness returned. I got her out which was a mistake but to be honest, I was tired of picking things up from the ground over and over and other people were picking things up for me. I get in line and all of a sudden they open up another lane and ask me if I would like to be helped next. One lady put all my things on the counter, one wrung me up and a third bagged the goods. They were like a well oiled machine. Did they just want me out? Neely Kate was just in my arms and not making a noise. She did want to take all the coupons and she did get a tad bit upset that Cinderella went on the counter but she was done looking at it. The lady wrung it up right away and Neely Kate showed no interest in it at that point. The cashier asked me how old she was which I replied 17 months going on 3. The cashier said that it was I thought. What exactly did she think? Neely Kate was 17 months or that she was 3? Was she throwing a tantrum and annoying the lady? No! I do not know how to read it so I will look at it as Neely Kate looking and acting more than her age. That is ok until she is older and that becomes a boy problem.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Probably, they were just seeing you holding Neely Kate, and thought they would help you. Even though she was not causing any scene, there have probably been many scenes from other little one o a like age in the past, hence the "well oiled machine".

Just enjoy a rare break. And pleae give Neely Kate a hug from Mimi. She is an arresting beauty, so would always be noticed.

Mimi

Krystle Lene said...

Awww....how she grows! Bethany, I so enjoy reading your blog. (You are soo funny). Look now, I think she meant "I know what you mean...I've been there".

How cute (well...as a reader of the story. I'm sure you didn't think so at the time). Also....maybe Tom Thumb would work better next time.

Please give Neely Kate a Big Hug and Kiss from her singing friend Krystle. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine....