Monday, January 21, 2008

WHERE DID MY BABY GO?

I think Neely Kate is 17 months old going on to her terrible twos. She must have decided to skip half a year. No more sweet little girl, she is still very sweet but it does not go with this blog, but a young girl with a major attitude. There is definitely Travis blood in her and the red hair makes it that much worse. She is like catching Mary Claire on a really bad day. Everything is "no, no, no". She throws things and hits at things when she doesn't get her way. I am getting extremely frustrated. I get on her level and explain why the things she is doing is inappropriate but she is being like me and other family members I know, hard-headed! For instance, Friday, we were shopping after Strollerfit because I had the day off. We went into Pottery Barn Kids to replace the little boy for her dollhouse that Buster ate. I let her be a big girl and walk in. That was my worst mistake. She immediately went to the dollhouse there and climbed up on the table. I got her down quickly and explained that we do not climb on furniture, esp. if it did not beling to us. Well, that did not go over well at all. Pitching a fit would be an understatement. Was I embarrassed? Surprisingly no. Was I frustrated? Yes. I put her in the stroller, paid for the doll and we left. I was proud of myself for not giving in to her whining. We continued shopping and got her a pair of new shoes. SIZE 7! No more cute little baby feet.

Well, the climbing has not stopped. I am always telling Chris that Santa Claus should have gotten her a jungle gym. I can not keep her from climbing onto something. Today she had climbed up in a kitchen chair unknown to Chris or me. I heard grunting behind me but I just thought she was having a bowel movement. I turned around and I was dead wrong. She did have a BM but she was standing in my chair at the table and had dumped a bag of chips and was eating them. She was extremely proud of herself might I add. I did manage to snap a picture of her with my cell phone before she slipped out of the chair.





I tried to get her another pair of shoes today since she really only has one pair that fit. I just wanted to run into Stride Rite at the outlet mall but there is no just running in. I found two pairs that I liked that were not patent leather. Apparently others liked them as well because there were none in her new size. No shoes at all were in her size except for some pink ones and we already have a pair that I bought on Friday. Neely Kate pulled out every box she could get her fingers on and pulled the shoes out of them. Frustrated? Yes, I was extremely. I continued my search and the rearranging of shoes. I hope I put matching pairs back together! We left, Neely Kate crying because she could not continue to terrorize the shoeboxes and me wanting to cry because of how the whole experience panned out. Once again, we left emptyhanded.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

These times seem to last forever while you are enduring them, but seem fleeting when you are looking back on them.

This is not the easiest time to be a mom, but (and in a way it is sad that this is so) Neely Kate's beauty will temper her beastly behavior.

Hang in there Mom, this too will pass.
Mimi