Wednesday, January 6, 2010

McWane Center

Chris and his family took Neely Kate to the McWane Center while we were in Birmingham. We do not have many pictures of the outing and I think the reason was that Chris was having too much fun playing himself to capture pictures. I stayed behind at his aunt and uncle's house with Millie. Based on their stories, I wish I could have gone with them. I am not sure what she is playing here but she is very involved in it. Neely Kate says she was catching the ball and putting it on the fan. Whether that is true or not I do not know.
I do know the story behind this picture. Chris and Aunt Deedie both attempted this activity and to put it nicely, failed. You are supposed to pull on this rope and when you let it go, the ball is to hit a target on the ceiling. Chris and Aunt Deedie both tried pulling as hard as they could on the rope. The ball barely went up. Neely Kate gets her turn. She pulls on the rope, not hard obviously, and the ball hits the target. According to Chris's Granny, they all had a look of shock. Neely Kate outdid them all. That's my girl.

The ball hitting the target on the high ceiling.

I know Neely Kate is tall for her age but she looks huge
here. Thank goodness that is not her true height. If she keeps up her growth pattern it might very well be.

I think this was a speed race. Chris did well at this one. Myt Godaddy would have creamed everyone since he spent many years in a wheel chair. Neely Kate had a blast on this excursion and I am so glad that she got to spend the quality time with Chris's family. Hopefully next time we go to Birmingham Millie and I can go with them.





No comments: