Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Christmas Eve
We spent Christmas eve morning in Birmingham with Chris's family and Christmas Eve night with my family in Mobile. This is how we have done it for six years. I guess this is part of our tradition and we had a great time. The only thing I regret is the pictures. We got caught up in the girls, and Neely Kate opened her presents, and ours, soo fast that we didn't really get any pictures. What is posted is all we took.
Neely Kate got a lot of great things in Birmingham. The movies helped with the travel to Mobile along with the princess dolls. She reenacted the movies with the dolls in the car. Chris and I are thankful she can entertain herself, especially since the weather was bad. Neely Kate got her very own camera that takes real digital pictures. She was not very good at first, she got a picture of Chris's backside, but now takes great ones. I will have to upload them to the blog to show off her new talent. The girls also got gift cards for clothes which I have already spent. Gift cards for clothes for growing children is a great thing.
Neely Kate thanking Krystal for her princess dolls and movie.
I love giving my sister gifts that embarrass her. I found this tampon holder back in August and had to purchase it for her. I just love getting her things.
Neely Kate helped me be Santa Claus and passed out the gifts. Her Christmas tree she helped cut down is in the background. We placed ornaments that Daniel, Mary Claire and I made when we were little. Neely Kate made some to add to the tree. She made a whole bunch to add to Aunt Deedie's tree. I did take one for my tree next year.
This year we surprised Chris by making him a shirt. It says Daddy's Precious Angels and has two angels on it made from the girls' hand prints and footprints. It was difficult making Millie's prints as she did not want to open her hand for me. We also made a shirt for Neely Kate and Millie with just their prints on them. The girls wore them to sleep in that night. Chris put his on in the morning. I did not get a picture of all three of them together in their shirts. This is going to become a yearly thing so that I can document how much they have changed in a year. I just wish I had thought of this when Neely Kate was born. Angels was this year's theme, next year is either going to be reindeer or Christmas trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment