Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Benton Great Debate

Next week Chris and I get to find out that sex of the baby at my 21 week appointment. I do not want to find out the sex and Chris does. We decided, I did and he went along with it, not to find out with Neely Kate. I need help in deciding what to do.

Reasons Not to Find Out:
1. I do not want to.
2. Ultimate surprise in life.
3. Hearing the doctor saying, "It's a..."

Reasons To Find Out:
1. The baby is due Thanksgiving and I will not be able to but it any Christmas presents.
2. Knowing if I need to get down all Neely Kate's old clothes down from the attic to clean. Ugh!
3. I got to wait for Neely Kate and Chris should get to find out this time.
4. Usually the doctor or nurse slips and says the sex by accident.

Options:
1. Nobody finds out.
2. We both find out.
3.Chris finds out and keeps it to himself for 19 weeks. Yeah right!
4. Chris finds out and surprises me somehow for my birthday in two weeks.

What do you think?

8 comments:

auntie mae mae said...

option 4. def option 4.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany... I found your blog somehow through some of our mutual acquaintances in high school/church. Anyway, when I saw your last post I just had to comment. I definitely think you should let Chris find out and then let him surprise you for your birthday. That will be fun for both of you. Neely Kate is adorable. Hope all is well with you.

Liz Murphy Saunders

Kristi said...

I like the idea of Chris finding out and surprising you on your birthday, if he's up for that. Then you both (sort of) get your way. I've also heard of people getting the doctor or sono tech to put a sono pic with the boy/girl verdict inside a sealed envelope and the parents opening it at some later date. There's no way we could wait to find out with our babies... too much planning to do.

Lauren just saw Neely Kate's pictures on your blog and announced, "I need to play with Milly Kate on Monday."

Becca said...

You already know my thoughts on this. I think it should be your bday surprise.

Becky said...

I say find out...personally I hate surprises! Also I am all for getting all the clothes/shopping anything you can do in advance to make life easier when baby arrive. Good luck can't wait to hear:)

Daniel said...

i like #4. more fun that way and its the best of both worlds.

Kari said...

I vote for #4 too, especially since he wanted to find out with NK, and you didn't. It's still a surprise regardless of when you find out - just a matter of timing! :)

Kelly said...

I like #4 as well