Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm Learning to Love...

Consignment Stores.

I must admit that I did have some issues about purchasing items that once belonged to other people but I am overcoming that dislike. My mom has found to many adorable smocked dresses at a high end consignment boutique and I have recently rediscovered Kid to Kid. I went in their the other day to look to see if they had any kitchen sets. I was told that they had some good finds in that department and that I should try there. I do like to go there for bows and my baby gift of diapees and wipees containers. I was walking down the aisles while Neely Kate played on a rocking horse and discovered the toy aisle. Some of the toys were, how should I put it, greatly loved. I noticed some play furniture for doll houses in bags. I have been looking for inexpensive plastic furniture because NK plays rough with the furniture. I refuse to buy any with cartoon characters on them and I also refuse to spend the $30 to $40 at Pottery Barn Kids. I like their stuff a lot but not their prices. I wanted to add to the furniture that Chris's family had gotten her for Christmas when Uncle Bake lovingly made her the doll house.
She fell asleep on the way home, the only time she takes naps now, and I put the new furniture in the house. I had it all set up nice, as if a little family really lived there. I actually had fun setting it all up. I also bought 3 nice buckets to store toys in so she had to check that out too upon waking up.
It did not take long for her to discover the furniture and is now loving playing it with at all times. The daddy sits on the potty a lot which I find funny. The baby is always in the bed or in the stroller and the mommy is either in the bath tub or on the couch. I can say that this is not how things are at this house. Neely Kate ever in the bed? That is funny since she is only in it to sleep at night. At least I had a great find that is being used by its second owner with love.

No comments: