Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Doing Her Schoolwork

Neely Kate is obsessed with doing her schoolwork. I think this is because she sees our sitter's grandchildren do their homework at the kitchen table as soon as they get home from school. Last night we had to glue pictures in her notebook. I highly recommend notebooks. They are great for shopping trips and time fillers. Anyway, she saw me glue down a picture and decided that she needed to glue too. I cut up a picture she had just drawn and let her glue the pieces down. This was not enough to satisfy her. I figured that if she was going to make me do schoolwork than I was going to do something educational. This is where you can roll your eyes Mary Claire. I can't help it, I teach. I got the Toys R' Us flier and cut out pictures of small and big toys. She had to decide if the toy was large or small and glue the picture on the appropriate page. At least she has more to look at in her notebook next time we go out. Gluing down her pictures.
Putting glue on the back of a picture. She had to learn to put glue on the whole backside.
Parts would come off if she didn't.

Mommy and Neely Kate doing her schoolwork.



1 comment:

Susan McCool said...

A young mom said recently, "You know you are in trouble when your 2year old brings you an empty glue bottle while yelling 'uh oh, big mess!' " Laurie and Eric once emptied not one but two brand new containers of baby powder, at 10 p.m. when I thought they were asleep. I called my mom crying and she had no sympathy -- said I did the same thing with a shampoo bottle. I hope NK is tidier than all that! ;-)