Friday, October 16, 2009

Bentons Go To the Fair

Every year we go the the State Fair of Texas. We have learned that it is best to go on a Wednesday night because it is cooler, less people, and you can get in cheap if you bring cans. Chris and Neely Kate got in for a total of $2. I love being a teacher because I get a ticket. We pretty much go for the Fletcher's corn dogs. Neely Kate never eats anything but the cotton candy. I guess that is okay since the fair comes only once a year. We have managed to not have to stay all day or spend much money. She only ever rides the carousel. We didn't take her into the kid ride section. We didn't do it to be mean but she would not really want to ride them, at least I don't think she would. I could be completely wrong in that statement. I have been in the past. We have several years to waste money on the rides. She did enjoy watching the pig races. I enjoyed the sitting.

We don't have any pictures because we did not want to have to keep up with anything but her. She was enough since we opted out of a stroller as well. That was a really bad idea on our part. I am glad Chris is strong because she spent most of the evening on his shoulders. It was the only way we could get her to stay by us. Lesson learned! Neely Kate and Chris riding her favorite ride. Being pregnant does have its perks.
Standing in front of Big Tex. I wanted to see my family more than I cared to get a picture of him. We got that photo last year.


No comments: