Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pinkalicious

One of Neely Kate's favorite books right now is Pinkalicious. She loves everything pink, completely not how I was growing up. Sometimes I really wonder where she came from. Due to her love of the book and of making cupcakes, she and I decided to make pinkalicious cupcakes. Our first batch didn't do right because wonderful mommy forgot to add the water and the batter was messed up. So we tried it again. The batter was nice and fluffy. This should have been my sign that the cupcakes would look funny. Never use the butter mix to make cupcakes. They look funny and the top part is awfully hard to ice. Neely Kate loved "taste it mommy" the batter so I had to show her how to lick the mixing spoon. I don't have a picture of the sprinkles but we found some princess sprinkles to shake on them. I learned my lesson from the last time and poured some in the icing top so that she could pick them up and place them on the cupcake. Massive mess eliminated. I think Cinderella's blue slippers was the better of the sprinkles. She loved every minute, a combo of her favorite book and her true love...princesses.Need more.
Loving the spoon. Who doesn't. This is why I take her to StrollerFit.


1 comment:

Becca said...

I agree about the butter mix. The same thing happened here.