I feel like it has been a while since I last posted. So much as happened this past week. Neely Kate actually enjoyed going to Sunday school and walked herself into the room and was smiling when we arrived to get her. She slept through the first big storm of the week, notice I said the first big storm of the week. My parents came in town for a visit, my dad attended a medical conference here. Neely Kate got to stay at home with my mom all day Thursday and Friday. It was nice letting her sleep in and not have to get her up early to go to Mrs. Rose's.
Wednesday night was the fun-filled night. There is some sarcasm in my voice so obviously there was no fun in the fun-filled night. I awoke at 3:45 am to my house alarm going off and the power becoming no more. The wind was horrific,not to mention so was the thunder and lightning. I went to check on her but my mom had gotten her and placed her in the bed with them. Neely Kate has slept through all the other really bad storms but tonight was a first, I think it was because the alarm had gone off. She heard me talking to mom and immediately wanted me. I walked with her into my bedroom when Chris instructed me to go to the other bathroom. I got my parents, Neely Kate, the dogs and the blankets and we piled in there together. Neely Kate laid in the bathtub for about 3 minutes and then immediately wanted out. A few moments later, Chris said to go back to bed. Yeah Right! I was unable to return to sleep. I did look out the window to see the side of our fence down and our trash cans laying beside them with trash everywhere, did I mention it was trash day the next day? I got out of bed at 6 thanking myself that I had a gotten a shower the night before and got dressed by candlelight. When did the power return? At 6:50 as I was headed out the door to go to school.
Friday, Chris and I got to go on a date so we went to see Leatherheads at the Studio Movie Grill. I really enjoyed the movie and the chance to eat without a toddler climbing around everywhere. Neely Kate went to Toys R Us and got a Cinderella ball and Cinderella bubble maker. Mom and dad got to enjoy being grandparents.
Dad, Mom and I took Neely Kate to the Wiggly Place and I had to take a step back and let Neely Kate be a big girl amongst all the older children whose parents were not watching their rough children. I had to climb through the larger play area and go down the slides with her. She did the other ones by herself. After I had had enough of the climbing, crawling, and sliding (about 1 hour) we left much to her dismay. I would post pictures but the computer is not accepting the hardware at the moment. Saturday ended up with shopping, pulling the box of makeup tools and hundreds of beads down to the floor in Sephora so that it made a huge mess, dinner and The Little Mermaid.
Mom and dad left this morning and Neely Kate cried horribly as they drove away. I wish she would do that when I have to leave her. Chris and I spent the afternoon doing much needed lawn work and Chris trying to rig the fence from blowing down yet again from the strong winds.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment