Wednesday, April 2, 2008

13 New Things Neely Kate Does

It is amazing to me how quickly children grow and change. Gone are the days of laying there smiling at everything and hello to the days of constant movement and relentless talking. I have decided to compile a list of 13 new to brand new things Neely Kate does.

1. Watch and love Barney. It started at our sitters. I always said my children would never watch that. As my mom says, "Never say never."

2. Call out to her dad by his first name. See previous post. It still cracks me up.

3. Requests certain movies and demands that we move her Pottery Barn Kids chair to a certain location. She loves the old Disney classics.

4. Drinks her milk/water at dinner from a big girl cup.

5. Asks where her Goga, Buddy, Nene and Granny are in complete sentences.

6. Jump from her time out chair to the coach and then proceed to run from one end to the other.

7. She already has a HUGE vocabulary but is saying several complete sentences with words we did not know she says.

8. Finds items around the house that SHE THINKS are trash and then throws them away even if it is not trash.

9. She is starting to spend more hours in her toddler bed. I am only having to get up with her out of bed at least 3-4 nights a weeks from the 5-6 nights.

10. She loves to get Gracie's leash out of the basket and take her on walks. Neely Kate has to hold the leash. I am not allowed. She loves Gracie more than Buster right now. See Granny, even she knows.

11. She is beginning to dress and undress herself. She loves to try to put on my shirts, esp. my green Lucy one. I do not know what her obsession is with that one.

12. Is beginning to read some of her books. At least the ones that I read to her constantly. She even acts certain parts out.

13. Thanks to StrollerFit, she counts one, two, three and can recognize an "A". Kindergarten, here she comes.

3 comments:

Granny said...

I knew Neely Kate would be smart,just look at her parents.
Poor Buster.The only ones that really love him are me and Chris,but remember Bethany you are the one that got him.Ha!Ha!

Love to all of you.

Natalie said...

hey! i would love to invite you, but dont have your email address! please send it and i will add you to the list for when i go private :)

Whitney said...

LOVE LOVE your new blog design!! super cute :)