Apparently, Neely Kate has heard me call her daddy Chris one to many times. She has now begun to call him by his name and not by dadda. You want to get Chris to go off, get Neely Kate to yell out Chris. I was bathing her the other day and she was busy having a loooong converstaion with me, not much of it did I understand. All of a sudden she says, "My momma (patting my leg), Chris." Yelling it out as if she needed him to come to her. I couldn't help but laugh. We got her to do it again so that he could hear her say his name. I am guessing that this was not a good idea because this past Sunday, all the way to Church and all the way home she repeated the same thing she had in the bathe. I would laugh along with Chris and then he would repeat to her that his name was NOT Chris but dadda. I think I heard Neely Kate's lecture about ten times that day.
Her other new saying is "not nice." I was telling her that it was not nice that daddy would not take us to Toys R Us. Well, I guess we are at the stage now where everything is repeated. "Dadda not nice." We, once again, laughed. I then got the lecture. For those worrying that it was a stern lecture, it was not, but a funny one. I was informed that she would end up saying that in public to others who did not know what she was talking about. I guess he does not want that image. She continued her new phrase several times. He tried to get her to say that I was not nice, but my wonderful baby did not repeat what he said. He also wanted her to say Bethany but come on. My name is not easily pronounced by children until they are at least 3 years old. I need to try to capture it on video along with his mini lecture to save for future use.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment