Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Memories Made
I was riding in the car today on our way home from dinner at Blue Goose and began to reflect upon how awesome it is to be mommy, even more special that I was chosen to be Neely Kate's mommy. Everyday becomes more fun and the memories even more special. I thought the infant stages were incredible but I had no idea that the toddler days would be this great, please note that there are days that I want to hang up my jacket. The past week with Neely Kate has been tremendous. We count together, sing together, play together and read together. This week there has been a change. She has begun everything and then I join in. A good teacher leads my modeling everything the first day, teacher models and students join in the second day, the students lead with teacher input the third day and by the fourth day the students are independent on the skill needing to be mastered. It seem like Neely Kate has skipped a day in the plan. She now reads on her own and makes up the stories for what seems like ages. I am such a proud teacher mommy. Miss Berk would love to have her in her classroom, and I would love for her to be her teacher. Amy, this is a hint to teach at her school. You have three more years to get there. :) She loves to act out when she plays. She is really into waving two small American flags she got at Multicultural Night right now while shouting Roll Tide. She has it backwards but as long as she is not shouting out War Eagle! She dresses up in all my shoes, and has begun to put on her own shoes. We will work on mastering the correct shoe for the correct foot later. She is learning to say all her friends and family names. I still have not taught her Bethany but Chris is mentioned at least once a day. HAHA Chris! What has really touched my heart and made me just want to hold her is the singing together in the car. This is becoming a daily thing. I do get looks but my daughter doesn't care how silly I look. We sing every song on her two cds. She sings what she can but gets the last word to every verse. WE sang Bingo tonight and she sang and clapped her hands. You can not help but laugh at the sweet innocence that it there in her voice. I want to trap all these moments and cherish them forever. I want them to always be tangible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it Bethany! So Sweet and perfect!
I completely agree Bethany! I wish these moments would last forever!
You said it perfectly....I had no idea it would be this awesome! Maybe we can find an engineer to build a time-stopping machine? :)
Post a Comment