Monday, November 15, 2010

Gaylord Texan

I took Neely Kate to the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan. I did not get to go last year with my family to see The Grinch because Millie decided to come 10 days early. I took advantage of mom being out here so that I could go to camp with the fifth graders and spend some much needed quality time with my big girl. I looked forward to this all week and it was worth it. Millie and mom stayed behind because Millie was sick. We did not have to wait at all to get in as the night we went was the opening night. We had to put on these huge thick jackets since the temperature was a mild 9 degrees. It hit you when you walked in but I was so excited I did not even notice the freezing air. Neely Kate did not seem to mind it either as she had her hat off by the end. I took a bunch of pictures, almost all included her.
I think we both must have needed some help from Lucy, as did the nice lady who took our picture. There was a line forming behind us because she struggled with the camera. I was impressed at how many men wanted their picture taken here.
Neely Kate walked through Snoopy's dog house.
The hat came off right before this spot.
We had a blast on the ice slide. Neely Kate would only go on
the small slide but did it twice. I went down on the big
one so that we could do it together.
I must admit that it was fun.
The girls posing with the lonely tree.

I was impressed by the beauty of it, and of the red head of course.

My favorite part was the nativity at the end. We stood there and listened to the Christmas story. I loved how the lights hit the parts being talked about in the story. We stayed in this room the longest. Pure beauty.

No comments: