Friday, November 5, 2010

All About Millie

Millie has really changed since her nine month check up and it wasn't in weight. She is still a tiny little girl but not in her development. Since my last post about her she has cut two teeth, given up crawling for walking, become much more opinionated, laughs when I tell her "no", refuses any food that resembles baby food, and drinks from a straw sippy cup. She also likes to lean up against the wall and look suspicious. I think I did that when I was little. The only thing that she does baby like is drink breast milk from a bottle. There is enough breast milk to last her until close to Christmas. I stopped feeding her and pumping in August. I will hold off whole cow's milk until the stored milk is gone. Here are a few pictures of her over the past two months.

Millie does not like to think she is being left behind.
She was "running" towards the door. I just love this jacket.
It was Neely Kate's. To see how identical they are,
look at the side bar and see Neely Kate in it.
My mom taught Millie how to do "touchdown BAMA".
She waves her arms when you say Roll Tide. Daddy's girl times two.

Millie and I participated in the Red Balloon 5K Race this October.
She was a good sport. I had her decked out BAMA style.

Millie went as a minnie Minnie mouse for Halloween.
My good friend's daughter calls her Minnie and so I thought
it would be appropriate to make Millie a Minnie.
Millie experienced her first Oreo at the beach.
I guess you could say she loved it. The best part was
that the Oreo was shaped as a football. Yum Yum!
She also got to eat her first Celebrity Cafe cookie.
She didn't leave much for sharing.

I have learned not to put my food near her as she will steal it.
Every Saturday after StrollerFit, now Baby Boot Camp, my friends and I get
a muffin and coffee while the children get a cookie and milk.
This is what happened as we headed to the table. This was before teeth mind you.

I think she is going to love bracelets.
Anything that could become one, she makes into one.
She even likes to wear mine.
She has this thing where she will all of a sudden lay like this
and pretend cry into the floor. Why I have no clue but it sure is funny.

Millie is learning how to use a spoon already.

One of her favorite things to do is climb onto the dishwasher door.
She also helps me unload it and puts the spoons all over the floor.

This is a really cute pajama dress my mom got her.
I think she looks like a colonial girl.
What about you?

Millie and I went out to lunch together at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my dad's birthday. Conversation was lacking but sharing the meal was yummy.

The girl loves some carbs and bread.
We are getting to spend some lovely afternoons together outside.

For a mom's night out we went to G'Nosh. She was an excellent little girl and allowed me to paint with all of my friends. Maybe I will hang the picture in her future big girl room as a fun time we shared together even though she won't ever remember it.

Walking around the coffee table over and over and over and over.

A mad scientist and her Minnie mouse.

Millie loves to climb into her sister's chair and read books
even if they are upside down. She looks at me so proud and excited,
especially as she climbs out and walks to give me a hug. We did this one night
about 15 times. Such a big moment.

No comments: