Great things always come in three. I must admit that I was very nervous all day knowing that I was going to find out the sex of baby Benton. Of course I had to wait until the end of the day. Chris wanted to give me my present before we went to dinner but I had to inform him that presents go after cake. We got home from supper and mom pulled out my cake but we weren't allowed to cut it yet. If you know me at all you know how much I love Buttercream Dream cakes. It is my absolute favorite. There was my cake and I couldn't have it yet.
Chris hands me a box. I had an idea what was in it because Neely Kate had told me that she had picked out a special nougets (necklace) for my birthday. I thought that the clue was going to be in the color of the stone. Instead, this is what I saw.

It took me a while to get it. Two diamond heart necklaces and one diamond pendant. I thought I was getting all three and was so excited. Chris had to lay it out to me. The pendant was mine, one heart was for Neely Kate and the other for... Do you get it? I finally did. After my absent-mindedness I got to eat my cake. I slice it and there was my second clue. Sorry for the sideways pictures. They were taken on my mom's camera and I do not want to save any changes on her disk.Neely Kate and I showing off our nougets. We will wear them in the hospital together and let baby SISTER wear hers too. I was and still am impressed with Chris. He outdid himself this time. I look forward to more surprises from him in the future.

3 comments:
that is so sweet! What a great way to find out... and on your birthday!!
Happy Birthday Bethany!!
What a sweet way to find out about your baby girl. It made me cry! Congratulations... again.
He did a good job with the surprise!! Can't wait to meet your new little girl.
Post a Comment