Neely Kate got in trouble with her daddy this week. I do not mean the bad kind of trouble. She was playing with her Cinderella figurines, the best $7 I have ever spent, on our bed one evening. I was talking to Chris, not looking at Neely Kate, and all of a sudden Chris started telling NK, "NO, NO, NO. Cinderella does not need to kiss the Prince. You are not even two-years old yet. There is no reason Cinderella should be kissing. You better not learn that yet. You definitely got that from your mother." NK had Cinderella kissing the Prince and was announcing that they were going to kiss. It was sweet what she was doing and I will say that it was the wedding Cinderella so at least they were married. I wondered if I should have been offended by Chris's comment that she got that from her mother but then I realized that it was true. I loved to kiss boys and lucky for him I still do. You have to kiss several frogs to find the prince and kiss a lot of boys to get the best one right? This was by far the funniest thing of the week.
Neely Kate and I have started working on her Father's Day presents. She was busy painting her her paint brush/hairbrush. It started off as a paintbrush and ended up as a really cool hairbrush that leaves awesome streaks of color in her already colorful hair. I called her my little tattoo artist. I have included pictures of this artistic event.
Emotions have been like a roller coaster for me. My wonderful Nene has been in hospital this past week due to a 6 year battle with cancer. This is normally not something I would post but I am having a really hard time dealing with it lately. I guess it is because I do not know how. I want to talk about it to help but I do not know what to say and at the same time I do not want to talk about it or people asking me about it because if they do than I have to tell them what is going on and I do not want to admit that the end is drawing near. If I admit to that than it becomes a reality and that is not something I am ready for at all. My daughter needs to grow up with her Nene as I did and love her as I do. I am not ready to lose another grandparent. I need to be like Indiana Jones and go get the Holy Grail to get rid of the murder stealing her from my family and restore her to health.
I am sorry to end my post like this but I warned you at the beginning of the paragraph that there has been a roller coaster ride in my emotions. My one piece of happiness through all of this is the perfect little red-headed bundle I hold in my arms everynight. Perfect minus the massive temper tantrum she had leaving the sitter's house on Wednesday that almost brought me to tears because it was almost more than I could take. God has a way of bringing peace in a stormy sea and I am reminded of that everynight with Neely Kate. With everything in my choppy sea, I see her smile, jump, laugh, read and sing and am calmed. I cherish the bonding we share each night and we sing songs that I was rocked to by mother and Nene and hope that one day she will song these same songs to her children.
We have spent a lot of time outside lately because the weather has been beautiful. Her new thing is sayign that she is sleepy and then lays on the grass, over and over again. Here she is pointing up at the "clouds in the sky."

1 comment:
Oh Bethany I miss you girl. I can't wait to see my little niece soon. How she's grown. Cinderella...how cute!
Post a Comment