Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Finally

I know it has been a while since my last post. September has been crazy busy and it is finally catching up with me. I am exhausted. Just to let you know what has been going on...
  • Neely Kate is completely potty trained! My summer goal of getting there was accomplished by the beginning of the school year. Yeah to Neely Kate!
  • Alabama football has started up. That is a major priority in this household and all else stops when the game in on.
  • Birthday parties and showers to attend
  • Neely Kate has played in two soccer games and attended one practice because of the weather. The first game went great and she did well surprisingly. The second game she wanted to spend most of the time inside the goals. I guess mommy needs to go to the games to make the soccer player come out.
  • We registered for the new baby.
  • Chris and I finally agreed on a name. It took a while but we did it. I love hearing Neely Kate say it. It solidified the name when we heard her say it. I am looking forward to her sibling class at the hospital next month. My baby is now a big girl and she will let you know it.
  • I have gotten busy at work and it is only going to get busier. Thanks to the holidays on my maternity leave, I only have to plan for a sub for 5 weeks instead of 7 to 8 weeks.
  • Neely Kate can now sing the Alabama Fight Song with a little help in certain parts. The next thing to teach her is Rammer Jammer just without the word he**. She has to be ready for when we play the big teams.
  • Family outings. I am trying to do things with her that are special so that we can have great quality time before the baby arrives.
  • We have put all of Neely Kate's baby things back together and they are set up in the nursery. Chris's bassinet is put together and in our room. All the laundry has been washed, ironed and put up. That was an undertaking if I do say so myself.
  • Getting ready numerous bags of things to donate to Goodwill. Why does it feel so great to get rid of stuff?
  • We are getting Neely Kate to bed earlier and she is staying in her room all night. This is a big accomplishment for Chris and I and required team work.

I know there is more but I am tired and thinking about all we have done makes me even more tired. I am sure there are numerous mistakes in this post but I do not care. I will always remember how exhausted I was when I go back and reread it. I am ready for my mom to come and take care of me for a little bit. Good night. Enjoy the last post about the hot air balloon festival.

No comments: