Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Animal Kingdom

The third day of our Disney trip was spent at Animal Kingdom. It got harder for me to wake up the troops each day. Neely Kate had to be awaken by the TV with Disney cartoons. It was the only way to get up her up and she be pleasant. Animal Kingdom was neat. I loved the tree with the animals carved into the tree. The only problems we had that day was the Bug's Life show and Neely Kate falling on the gravel. The show was 3-D and now she will not watch anything in 3-D. I think she has been scared for some time.

This is the only outfit I bought for the trip. I did attempt to make the girls a mouse ears shirt but lets just say that they will remain as sleep shirts. Millie started sitting on her own on this trip. Before we left she would do it for a few minutes but in Disney, she went pro. She could not sit up on her own from a lying position but she was sitting up.

We got to see all the characters she knew at Animal Kingdom. I loved how they had all the characters in one little area. Chris and I teamed up and we each stood in a line. I got the girls with Minnie while he waited for Mickey. So the way to go. We also discovered that waiting to see the characters here was much better than at the other kingdoms. Millie slept through Minnie Mouse. Neely Kate, however, thought it was great.

Neely Kate and Mickey Mouse. She took off her "jungle Neely Kate" hat for the picture.

Millie got her picture taken too. Thank goodness she had just gotten up
from one of her many 10 minute catnaps.

The girls and Goofy.

Donald Duck was crushing on Millie. Neely Kate got sharpie on Donald's glove but I do not think anyone was the wiser.

The girls posing in front of Mount Everest.
Millie is catching another catnap.

I'm awake now mommy. We get her hat in the ice chest with the bottles.
It was great to have a cool hat to place on her head.

Chris took Neely Kate to play some fair type games when she woke up from her much needed nap after her fall. She had to be placed on the counter since she was not tall enough for once. She actually got one of the balls to land in the hole. We were shocked and proud.

Her prize.


Neely Kate posing after dinner. She spent the whole time watching the roller coaster in the background. Every time a car would come down she would scream along with them.

Millie's favorite toy was Chris's lanyard. She finally spent a meal in his arms.

No comments: