7 am Thursday, February 11. This is what we woke up to. Everything we saw was covered in white. What a fun thing to wake up to. Chris did not mind that I woke him up really early to see it and Neely Kate was as pleasant as a princess. Millie did not mind and was pleasant as the flakes fell on her face.

The limbs were covered in snow. We had two tree branches break under the weight of the snow on either side of the house. I am glad. Maybe we can get rid of those two trees now. As soon as we all got home, we bundled up and went outside to make a snowman. Chris and I took turns on who stayed inside with Millie. We had her set up by the front door so she could see out and still be a part.

Chris built the majority of the snowman with Neely Kate. They took several breaks building it to have snowball fights. You can see the snowballs flying. She preferred to have snowball fights than anything else. She thought it was really funny to hit Chris and did it over and over and over. She has pretty good aim.

The ultimate snowball. No, he did not throw that at her but broke it over his head. She thought that was the best. Chris did that over my head as well. Did I mention I was holding Millie at the time? Oh yes I was. Funny how none of it got on her. Chris also showed Neely Kate how to make snow angels. She only looks unhappy because the snow was falling in her eyes. She was having a blast so don't let the look fool you.

Chris and Neely Kate making snow angels. I think he was having more fun than she was. Millie did not want to sit in her sleepy wrap facing me so I positioned her where she was still up tight against me, completely covered, and could see out. She was so snug in this spot that she fell asleep even with the snow falling on us.

Our snowman the second time. Chris had sprayed painted it before I could capture pictures with it. He did a bad job the first time as well so once he fixed it we snapped pictures. I was going to put a Cinderella hat on it but Neely Kate informed me that I had to put a snow hat on it. The Bama hat is what I came up with.

Chris respray painted the snowman for his picture. Notice both he and Neely Kate are holding up a number one.

Neely Kate and Chris made snow ice cream for dessert. It was really cold. Neely Kate only ate three bites of hers and told us she couldn't eat it because it was freezing. I snapped some pictures of the back yard the next morning. We got snow for over 20 hours. This is what we woke up to. Chris measured the back yard at the edge of the patio and at nine pm the night before we had 8 inches. I am guessing we had around 10-11 inches in the backyard.

The only pathway the dogs would take. We went on a walk around the block and by the end of it Buster was jumping through the snow. At least I no longer had to carry him to the area under the trampoline to go to the bathroom. The front of our house was so pretty. I was a bit like my mom and wouldn't let Chris or Neely Kate play on one side of the yard so that it would stay pretty. You can see the tree on the right is heavy with snow. One of those limbs broke.
The limbs were covered in snow. We had two tree branches break under the weight of the snow on either side of the house. I am glad. Maybe we can get rid of those two trees now. As soon as we all got home, we bundled up and went outside to make a snowman. Chris and I took turns on who stayed inside with Millie. We had her set up by the front door so she could see out and still be a part.
Chris built the majority of the snowman with Neely Kate. They took several breaks building it to have snowball fights. You can see the snowballs flying. She preferred to have snowball fights than anything else. She thought it was really funny to hit Chris and did it over and over and over. She has pretty good aim.
The ultimate snowball. No, he did not throw that at her but broke it over his head. She thought that was the best. Chris did that over my head as well. Did I mention I was holding Millie at the time? Oh yes I was. Funny how none of it got on her. Chris also showed Neely Kate how to make snow angels. She only looks unhappy because the snow was falling in her eyes. She was having a blast so don't let the look fool you.
Chris and Neely Kate making snow angels. I think he was having more fun than she was. Millie did not want to sit in her sleepy wrap facing me so I positioned her where she was still up tight against me, completely covered, and could see out. She was so snug in this spot that she fell asleep even with the snow falling on us.
Our snowman the second time. Chris had sprayed painted it before I could capture pictures with it. He did a bad job the first time as well so once he fixed it we snapped pictures. I was going to put a Cinderella hat on it but Neely Kate informed me that I had to put a snow hat on it. The Bama hat is what I came up with.
Chris respray painted the snowman for his picture. Notice both he and Neely Kate are holding up a number one.
Neely Kate and Chris made snow ice cream for dessert. It was really cold. Neely Kate only ate three bites of hers and told us she couldn't eat it because it was freezing. I snapped some pictures of the back yard the next morning. We got snow for over 20 hours. This is what we woke up to. Chris measured the back yard at the edge of the patio and at nine pm the night before we had 8 inches. I am guessing we had around 10-11 inches in the backyard.
The only pathway the dogs would take. We went on a walk around the block and by the end of it Buster was jumping through the snow. At least I no longer had to carry him to the area under the trampoline to go to the bathroom. The front of our house was so pretty. I was a bit like my mom and wouldn't let Chris or Neely Kate play on one side of the yard so that it would stay pretty. You can see the tree on the right is heavy with snow. One of those limbs broke.

2 comments:
You all look so cute out there in the snow! Andrew was more interested in snowball fights too, than making a snowman.
these are adorable pictures! I love Millie's hat!
Post a Comment