Monday, June 29, 2009

Ladies at Lunch

While Chris's family was in town I decided it would be fun to go to the American Girl Cafe for a girly lunch. Neely Kate did not want to go upstairs to eat because she was enjoying playing with bitty baby. Neely Kate got to have a special friend sit at the table with us. She named the doll "the girl" and showed her everything. I was not allowed to look at the menu because it was the girl's. Neely Kate even helped the doll write in a notebook that Aunt Deedie had. She held the pencil in the doll's hand and moved the hand around just like I do when helping Neely Kate write letters. It was amusing to say the least. A wonderful lunch was had by all and Neely Kate got to get a mini version of the doll she had lunch with. We found out that her name was Elizabeth and now call her by her right name. I feel good about getting the bitty baby for Neely Kate in November now.

2 comments:

Becca said...

How cute!! I am hoping I make it to SF soon, so I can see you guys!

Kristi said...

We gave Lauren her Bitty Baby for her 1st birthday, but just recently she's starting playing with her a lot. I think 3 is a really good age for dolls. Target has a lot of baby doll accessories for a lot cheaper than American Girl, too.