Potty Training!
It has been going well. I have been brave a few times, meaning going to StrollerFit in panties. I have done this three times and was unsuccessful once. It seems like the only time she asks to go is when we are in public. Every store or restaurant we have been in the the past two weeks she has asked to go potty. No big deal I thought. Maybe not the first time.
We went to the Cheesecake Factory and she asks to go. I take her and she tells everyone in the line that she is going to tee tee potty. Did I mention she was going potty, that she did it, and she needed high fives from me. This same thing was repeated this past Friday night at Buffalo Wild Wings. This time she asked to go twice and thankfully she did go both times and was dry.
I must say that I have been grossed out by this whole thing. I have draped so much toilet tissue on the seats because I do not want her body to even graze the public toilets. I bought some toilet seat covers from Babies R Us. I hope this works better that what I have been doing. I do like the family bathrooms so that if she does talk about it being her turn and then my turn, yes she thinks I should go next every time, then we are not telling everyone that might enter the bathroom. The smiles from strangers is humiliating to say the least. Thank goodness most of them are mommies who you can see are remembering the days in their eyes. I can't wait until Chris has to take her to the bathroom in public. But then, do I want her in there with all that nastiness?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I will comment on this one for them all. Andrew did the same thing when starting to potty train, he had to go potty everytime we went some place. Then when he got to the point that I could tell him to hold it he would tell me he had to go #2. The V-day playgroup looked like you all had fun. I have to say that that is the cutest vacum ever.
My MIL bought us a travel potty seat- it folds up and stores in a ziplock type bag- it's basically the same kind that sits on the potty at home that makes the seat small enough for toddler bums, so it also gives them a place to put their hands when they "go".
Post a Comment