Thursday, December 20, 2007

Starting a New Tradition






I want so badly to start something special for my family for Christmas. I thought I would try baking cookies. Well, it did not go exactly how I planned but I guess I shouldn't expect that much yet. She is only 16 months old and Chris is Chris. She was more interested in playing with the sprinkle shaker than anything else. Chris put her on the counter and I helped her stir. She did try her hardest. Chris and I hand cut the cookies because I have come to discover that we do not have Christmas cookie cutters. Neely Kate got involved again when it was time to shake on the sprinkles.Let's just say that I gave her the sprinkles without the top off prematurely. My floor and stoveup were covered in red. O.K. about 1/4 the bottle. She really liked this part. I let her stay up to do all this so she fell asleep immediately after we finished. Hopefully I have found a tradition that will be fun for years.

No comments: