Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Neely Kate's 4 Year Stats

Neely Kate had her 4 year old appointment today and it went better than I had expected. She struggled with the vision exam but I think it had to do with the fact that she did not want to point at the E facing the other direction because that is not the way it is supposed to face. Being a teacher I say yeah, being a mom, come on please. We will wait till next year to try again. She refused the hearing test even after I showed her how it worked. Once again, we will try next year. She liked Dr. Nail this time which was great. He looked in her ears, I told her it was so he could look for her brain. She also allowed him to look in her mouth, nose and eyes. The appointment itself went great. She did everything he asked her to do. The shots were a whole nother story. The flu mist showed the nurse her strength so we had to hold her down for four shots. Four band aids, two stickers, a windmill, and a lollipop later all was well.

Neely Kate's Stats:
weight: 36.4 pounds (50-75%) I think she had to go to the bathroom.
height: 41 3/4 inches (90%) I think she is really 42 inches because the nurse had her pen top facing at a downward angle.
blood pressure: 98/64
bmi: 14-18%
Development: awesome!


Wearing her birthday hat from school.
At the Dr. before the shots. My friend Danielle made the shirt.

Before her first day at Applecreek preschool.

Wearing her new favorite pjs, Jessie Jams.




1 comment:

Becca said...

Andrew was so so on the hearing test at his appointment too and after his shots he was nervous at the dentist. Then when I had to go pick up his shot record at the dr.'s office he told me he'd stay in the car and wait for me to get it. Poor 4 year olds, those must be some shots!